Below are recommended and vetted free tools, videos, and additional resources to help with the privacy and security of your organization and for your individual personal data:
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Guide
- FTC – Protecting Consumer Privacy
- United States Department of Commerce.
- Data Privacy Laws by US State
- US Breach Notification Laws
- COPPA – FTC explanation of the US Children’s Online Protection Policy
- Official EU-GDPR Home Page
- EU-US Privacy Shield – EU-US personal data transfer self-certification guidelines.
- Interactive Data Protection Laws of the World
- UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO)
- IAPP.org – International Association of Privacy Professionals – Resource Library.
- ISACA.org – Information Systems Audit and Control Association
- 12 Steps to GDPR Preparedness from UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO)
- SANS Top 20 Security Controls Framework – A security framework for your organization. The SANS Institute is a respected organization for security education and standards.
- NIST 800-53 – Security guidlines from the National Institute of Standards and Technology, which is a non-regulatory agency of the United States Department of Commerce.
- LivingSecurity – A corporate service geared to providing privacy and security education & awareness for your employees.
Privacy & Security Organizations
- Electronic Frontier Foundation
- Digital Privacy Alliance – Non-profit organization protecting consumer privacy.
- Privacy International – Non-Profit organization which challenges overreaching state and corporate surveillance
- Top 10 Secure Computing Recommendations – Berkeley University, CA
- 8 Digital Skills We Must Teach our Children – World Forum Organization article.
- EFF-Surveillance Self-Defense – Educational training on how to protect you and your friends from online surveillance and hackers from the Electronic Frontier Foundation.
- Safesheapard Privacy Handbook – General privacy guidelines and instructions for removing your personal data from online sources that collect your personal data.
Privacy Tools & Services
- Data Breach Lookup Service: Have i been pwned? – Discover which of your email driven accounts and identities have been part of a personal database breach. e.g. Equifax, Target, Home Depot.
- It’s recommended to change your password associated with any compromised email.
- Mobile Anti-Virus & Security Apps
- Lookout Security & Anti-Virus – Android
- Tech Radar Recommended Security & Anti-Virus – Android
- CNet Recommended Security & Anti-Virus – IoS
- PC Magazine 2018 Best Password Manager Services – Password Management product reviews from PC Magazine.
- PC Magazine 2018 Best VPN Services – Virtual Private Network (VPN) education & product reviews from PC Magazine.
- Telegram – Non-profit, secure & encrypted messaging.
- Do Not Track Browser Setting – Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft IE, Opera, Apple Safari